Welcome to ABPsi
Meet Kevin Washington, Ph.D., ABPsi's 44th President
"It is with great humility that I greet you as the 44th president of the Association of Black Psychologists! This is an extremely exciting time to assume the leadership of an organization that has had such a powerful impact on our world society. When this organization was initiated I was 3 years old. The founders were addressing matters of appropriate psychological testing and supporting educational opportunities for Black children in a largely racist U.S. educational system that saw Black children as intellectually inferior. These beliefs of inferiority were not limited to children, as the founders of the ABPsi found it necessary to start an organization that spoke to the mental health needs of Black people." [Read more from our ABPsi President's Message]
- What is Black Psychology?
- Enroll/Renew Membership
- Find a Psychologist
- Register for Annual Convention
- Online Career Center
- Print Advertising Opportunities
- Emotional Emancipation Circles
- ABPsi Àse Blog
ABPsi Event CalendarFeb.
- *February 15, 2016
Deadline for ABPsi Convention Call for Presenters
- *February 26, 2016
- Deadline to Submit National Award Nominations
- Deadline to Submit National Board Election Nominations
- *Stephen C. Rose Scholarship for Psychology Research on African American Youth (Applications accepted through March 31, 2016.)
- *April 9, 2016- Midwest Regional Symposium - "The Equation of Healing"