Three Easy Ways to Join ABPsi!
- Enroll/Renew Online
- Download a membership form and FAX with credit card payment to:
- Download a membership form and mail with check or credit card payment to:
The Association of Black Psychologists
7119 Allentown Road
Ft. Washington, MD 20744
LIFETIME - Individual members who wish to make a one-time financial commitment of $2,500 to cover membership dues for the individual's Lifetime. Payment of the $2,500 dues may be paid in installments, and full payment must be made within 3 years.
* A member is not considered to be a Life Member until the Life Member dues payment of $2,500 is paid in full. Therefore, members must continue to pay their annual dues in addition to the installment payments, until Lifetime dues have been paid in full.
INSTITUTIONAL - Open to institutions/agencies committed to ABPsi's goals and objectives.
Early Career Professional - Available for 1st and 2nd year of professional membership for those who recently obtained an advanced degree at the Master or Doctoral level (within 2 years of join date). This category is only available for a (2) year window and individuals must submit a copy of transcripts that show the date a doctorate degree was conferred. Rate is $125 for first year and $175 for second year. After second year, full professional rate of $225 applies. VERIFICATION IS REQUIRED.
SUPPORTING - Open to members who wish to make a financial commitment of $300.00, where $75.00 of this amount goes toward the ABPsi Annual Fund.
PROFESSIONAL - Individuals who hold a Masters or Doctoral degree in Psychology.
ASSOCIATE - Individuals who hold a Masters or Doctoral degree in one of the other Behavioral Sciences.
ADJUNCT - Individuals hold a Bachelors degree in Psychology and/or one of the other Behavioral Sciences.
AFFILIATE - Individuals who are not eligible for other membership categories, but are committed to ABPsi’s goals and objectives (no voting privileges).
GRADUATE STUDENT - Individuals who are currently enrolled at the graduate level in the area of Psychology (Not eligible for Psychologist Listing Referral Program).
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT - Individuals who are currently enrolled at the undergraduate level in the area of Psychology (Not eligible for Psychologist Listing Referral Program).
*Students must include a copy of a CURRENT Student ID verifying enrollment.
*As a student you will be a member of the Student Circle. Be sure to visit the Student Circle section of ABPsi's website to receive current information about Student Circle activities.
- Six (6) issues of The Journal of Black Psychology
- Complimentary issues of the Psych Discourse
- Reduced Annual Convention registration fees
- Voting privileges (except for Affiliate members)
- Opportunity to participate on our public Psychologist Listing Program at no additional cost
- Mentoring opportunities
- Intellectual stimulation
- Participation in an organization committed to the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of African people.
Hertz Car Rental discount (Discount coupon available through the Members portal.)