Three Easy Ways to Join ABPsi!
- Enroll/Renew Online
- Download a membership form and FAX with credit card payment to:
- Download a membership form and mail with check or credit card payment to:
The Association of Black Psychologists
7119 Allentown Road
Ft. Washington, MD 20744
LIFETIME - Individual members who wish to make a one-time financial commitment of $2,500 to cover membership dues for the individual's Lifetime. Payment of the $2,500 dues may be paid in installments, and full payment must be made within 3 years.
* A member is not considered to be a Life Member until the Life Member dues payment of $2,500 is paid in full. Therefore, members must continue to pay their annual dues in addition to the installment payments, until Lifetime dues have been paid in full. Lifetime memberships do not expire. [Click here to read more and apply.}
INSTITUTIONAL - Open to institutions/agencies committed to ABPsi's goals and objectives.
Early Career Professional - Available for 1st and 2nd year of professional membership for those who recently obtained an advanced degree at the Master or Doctoral level (within 2 years of join date). This category is only available for a (2) year window and individuals must submit a copy of transcripts that show the date a doctorate degree was conferred. Rate is $125 for first year and $175 for second year. After second year, full professional rate of $225 applies. VERIFICATION IS REQUIRED.
SUPPORTING - Open to members who wish to make a financial commitment of $300.00, where $75.00 of this amount goes toward the ABPsi Annual Fund.
PROFESSIONAL - Individuals who hold a Masters or Doctoral degree in Psychology.
ASSOCIATE - Individuals who hold a Masters or Doctoral degree in one of the other Behavioral Sciences.
ADJUNCT - Individuals hold a Bachelors degree in Psychology and/or one of the other Behavioral Sciences.
AFFILIATE - Individuals who are not eligible for other membership categories, but are committed to ABPsi’s goals and objectives (no voting privileges).
GRADUATE STUDENT - Individuals who are currently enrolled at the graduate level in the area of Psychology (Not eligible for Psychologist Listing Referral Program).
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT - Individuals who are currently enrolled at the undergraduate level in the area of Psychology (Not eligible for Psychologist Listing Referral Program).
*Students must include a copy of a CURRENT Student ID verifying enrollment.
*As a student you will be a member of the Student Circle. Be sure to visit the Student Circle section of ABPsi's website to receive current information about Student Circle activities.
- Six (6) issues of The Journal of Black Psychology
- Complimentary issues of the Psych Discourse
- Reduced Annual Convention registration fees
- Voting privileges (except for Affiliate members)
- Opportunity to participate on our public Psychologist Listing Program at no additional cost
- Mentoring opportunities
- Intellectual stimulation
- Participation in an organization committed to the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of African people.
Hertz Car Rental discount (Discount coupon available through the Members portal.)