SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS
The Association of Black Psychologists' Student Circle seeks to increase the participation of Black students in research and scholarship, to enhance the professional development of Black students, and to increase the overall number of Black clinicians and professionals within the field of psychology via the following scholarship and award opportunities:
The Stephen C. Rose Scholarship for Psychology Research on African American YouthAward: $1,000 plus travel stipend to present research at the 2016 ABPsi Convention.
Criteria: Graduate or Undergraduate student members of ABPsi may apply.
Application Deadline: March 4, 2016
[Download Application Form]
SAGE Student Research ScholarshipSAGE Student Research Award Application Deadline - May 25, 2014 [Download pdf]
Handbook of African American Psychology Student Awards
Handbook of African American Psychology Scholarship
The Association has collaborated with the editors of the Handbook of African American Psychology, Dr. Brendesha Tynes, Dr. Helen Neville, and Dr. Shawn Utsey, and provides monetary support to student members in honor of Dr. Reginald Jones and Dr. Asa Hilliard.
- Current members of the National Association of Black Psychologists' Student Circle, who have paid national membership dues for the current year.
- Individuals who provide evidence of scholarly excellence and are enrolled full-time in a psychology graduate or undergraduate program.
- Individuals committed to a career in psychology research or practice aimed at improving the well-being of African/African-American communities.
Chapter of the Year Award
The Association of Black Psychologists Student Circle seeks to recognize chapters which promote scholarly and academic excellence in Black students, enhance the professional development of Black students, and increase the overall number of Black clinicians and professionals within the field of psychology.
- Financial chapters (renewed for the current year) of the National Association of Black Psychologists' Student Circle who are affiliated with a university or a citywide/regional chapter. Chapters must have been renewed by March 2, 2012.
- Chapter Installation Forms can be retrieved by emailing Gabrielle Johnson at email@example.com.
- Chapters consisting of at least five (5) financial members of the Association of Black Psychologists Student Circle prior to March 1, 2012.
- Chapters who support the development of Black students through programming, community service, etc. in their region.